Monday, September 29, 2014

Joy!


It feels so good to be back at the sewing machine and getting some projects finished! As I mentioned in the previous post, my son recently moved to an apartment in California. He furnished it in typical basic bachelor-pad style (thank goodness for IKEA!), which means it's a bit boring. He did buy a few things with color -- red kitchen towels, oven mitts, toaster oven, kitchen rug, etc. -- but a lot of his furniture is black, including the dining table and chairs, so I decided that his place needed some more color. I made the placemats and coasters from scraps of two previous quilts -- one that I made for my son when he went off to college and then another one I made for myself using scraps from his college quilt.

Here's a shot of his quilt...

It made me feel good that he took this quilt to California!

And mine...

I just realized that I had another red/black/gray/white quilt that I made from some of these fabrics...

donated to charity earlier in 2014
The black and red scraps are getting very limited, but I have enough for a couple more things. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I love your son's quilts and the extra quilts you made with the scraps. I hope it all works out well for him at Google. Might I ask what he studied at College that lead to his job at Google? My son is 16 and wants to study Software Engineering (Programming).